Name: Ioan M. STANCU-MINASIAN
Address: Centre for Mathematical Statistics, Casa Academiei Romane, Calea 13 Septembrie nr. 13, RO-76100, Bucharest 5, Romania
Date and Place of Birth: 30 May 1944, Prundu-Arges, Pitesti, România
Marital Status: Married, 1 child
- 1958-1962 The “Nicolae Bãlcescu” Gymnasium in Pitesti,
- 1962-1967 Faculty of Mathematics-Mechanics of the University of Bucharest, Romania
- 1967- Graduated from the Faculty of Mathematics-Mechanics at the University of Bucharest, Computer section.
Brief Chronology of Employment:
- Sept.1967-Aug.1990: Research worker at the Laboratories of Department of Economic Cybernetics, The Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest.
Assistant Professor of mathematics and operations research at the Faculty of Cybernetics of the Academy of Economic Studies. Ocassionally, assistant professor of mathematics at the Bucharest University and the Polytechnic Institut.
- Aug.1990 - Present : Main research worker at Centre for Mathematical Statistics of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania. Scientific Secretary of the Centre of Mathematical Statistics (since April 1991).
- Regional Editor of the Journal "Pure and Applied Mathematika Science" (India)(since 1982),
- Secretary of the editorial board of "Revue Roumaine de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées (since 1992),
- Member of the editorial board of the journals "Economic Computation and Economic Cybernetics Studies and
Honours (citations, awards,etc.) and Doctoral Degrees:
- In 1960 I won third prize at the National Mathematical Olympiad organized by the Romanian Mathematical Society,
1976 Ph.D. in Mathematics from the Centre for Mathematical Statistics with the thesis: "Multiple criteria in stochastic programming",
- Since 1990 I have been granted the right to supervise Ph.D. students in Cybernetics under the auspices of the Faculty of Cybernetics, Informatics and Statistics, Bucharest and since 1995 I have been granted the right to supervise Ph.D. students in Mathematics under the auspices of Centre for Mathematical Statistics "Gheorghe Mihoc" of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest,
- I was awarded (1987) the Gheorghe Lazãr prize of the Romanian Academy for 1984 for my book "Stochastic Programming with Multiple Objective Functions", Editura Academiei, Bucharest and D.Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht, Boston, Lancaster, 1984.
Memberships in Professional Organizations:
- Member of the Romanian Mathematical Society,
- Founding member of the Romanian Operations Research Society (1990),
- Member of the International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM),
- Member of the European Working Group "Multicriteria aid for decisions",
- Member of the Association of Balkan Statisticians,
- Founding member of the Romanian Statisticians Society,
- Member of the Working Group on Generalized Convexity (WGGC),
- Member of the American Mathematical Society (since 1999).
- 16 - 29 May 1999; 9 - 22 Sept.2001 SZTAK/Computer and Automation Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences;
- 17 Oct. - 30 Oct 2001 – Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain;
- Oct.1994 - University of Pisa, Department of Statistics and Applied Mathematics, Italy;
- 1 Oct.-15 Nov. 1997 – Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain;
- 24 Oct.-9 Nov.1998 Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain;
- Sept.-Oct.1992 - Faculté Polytechnique de Mons, Sérvice de Mathématique et de Recherche Oppérationelle, Belgique;
- a) Books (authored): 4 in Editura Academiei , D.Reidel Publishing Company and Kluwer Academic Publishers.
b) Books (co-authored): 3 in Editura Tehnicã, Editura Academiei and Editura Didacticã ºi Pedagogicã,
c) Papers: 113 published in : Economic Computation and Economic Cybernetics Studies and Research,
Rev.Roumaine Math.Pures Appl., Revista de Statisticã, Studii ºi Cercetãri Matematice, Bull.Math. de
la Soc.Sci.Math.de la Roumanie, Operations Research Verfahren, Nat.Acad.Sci.Letters(India), Pure
Appl.Math.Sci.(India), Revue dAnalyse Numérique et de Théorie de lApproximation, Analele
Universitãþii "Al.I.Cuza Iaºi, European J.Oper.Res., Cahiers Centre Études Rech.Opér.,Studia
Universitatis Babeº-Bolyai, Kybernetika (Praga), Mathematica Japonica, Portugaliae Mathematica,
Optimization, Operations Research, Foundations of Computing and Decision Sciences (Poland),
RAIRO/Rech.Opér., Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, Glasnik Matematicki (Zagreb),
Investigaçao Operacional (Portugalia), Mathematica Bohemica, Analele Universitãþii Bucureºti,
Advanced Modeling and Optimization (An Electronic International Journal),
Proc. Romanian Acad. Ser. A, Agricultural Systems, J. Optim. Theory Appl., Top Mathematical Reports, Fuzzy Sets and Systems.
Participations in National and International Meetings:
- IVéme Congres des mathématiciens dexpression latine, Bucureºti-Braºov, România, September 17-24, 1969,
- Colloque on Constructive Function Theory, Cluj-Napoca, România, September 6-12, 1973,
- Conference on Probability Theory, Braºov, România ,1974, 1979, 1982,
- The Third International Congress of Cybernetics and Systems, Bucureºti, România, August 25-29, 1975,
- IX-th International Symposium on Mathematical Programming, Budapest, Hungary, August 23-27, 1976,
- International Conference on Stochastic Programming, Praga, , Czechoslovakia , September 15-19, 1986,
- International Workshop on Multicriteria Decision Making (Methods, Algorithms, Applications), Liblice, Castle, Czechoslovakia, 1991,
- EURO XII/TIMS XXXI Joint International Conference Operational Research/Management Science, Helsinki , Finland, June 29-July 1, 1992,
- 36th Meeting of the European Working Group "Multicriteria aid for decisions", Luxembourg, 15-16 Oct.1992,
- The third Conference on Nonlinear Analysis, Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics, Constanþa, România, May 26-30, 1993,
- XIth International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Coimbra, Portugal,1st-6th August, 1994,
- The Fourth Conference on Nonlinear Analysis, Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics, Constanþa, România, May 26-30, 1995,
- FRANCORO/Recontres francophones de Recherche Opérationnelle-Mons, Belgique, 11-14 Juin,1995,
- XII International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Hagen, Germany, 19-23 June,1995,
- Itinerant Seminar on Functional Equations, Approximation and Convexity, Cluj-Napoca, România, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997,
- Second International Conference in Multi-objective Programming and Goal Programmin (MOPGP’96), Torremolinos, Spain, 15-18 May, 1996,
- EURO XVI (16-th European Conference on Operational Research), Brussels, Belgia, 12-15 iulie 1998,
- The seventh Conference on Nonlinear Analysis, Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics, 27-30 May 1999, Constanþa Eforie Nord, România,
- Summer School and 6th International Symposium on Generalized Convexity/Monotonicity. Karlovassi,Samos, Greece, 25 Aug.-3 Sept. 1999,
- 15th International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Ankara, Turkey, July 10-14, 2000,
- 5-éme Colloque Franco-Roumain de Mathématiques-Appliquées, Constanþa, 28 août - 1-er Septembre 2000.