Name: Aurel SP├âTARU
Address: Centre for Mathematical Statistics, Casa Academiei Romane, Calea 13 Septembrie nr. 13, RO-76100, Bucharest 5, Romania
Date and Place of Birth: June 22, 1946, Runcu, Romania
Marital Status: Married, one son.
- June 1964 - Graduated from College;
- July 1970 - M.A. (Mathematics), Bucharest University;
- October 1976 - Ph.D. (Probability), Romanian Academy, Thesis: Stochastic independence of the
digits of an f-expansion;
Brief Chronology of Employment:
- 1970-1974 Mathematician, Centre for Mathematical Statistics;
- 1973-1974 Assistant Professor, Mathematics Dept. University of Bucharest;
- 1974-1976 Research worker, Centre for Mathematical Statistics;
- 1975-1978 Assistant Professor, Mathematics Dept. Polytechnical University of Bucharest;
- 1976-1990 Research worker, rank III, Centre for Mathematical Statistics;
- 1990-1995 Research worker, rank II, Centre for Mathematical Statistics;
- 1995-present Research worker, rank I, Centre for Mathematical Statistics.
- 1978 - Awarded prize of the Romanian Academy for contributions in probabilistic number theory;
- 1990 - Awarded prize of the Romanian Academy for contributions in the theory of branching processes.
Short visits (2 up 3 weeks) abroad under the exchange agreements of the Romanian Academy: former Chechoslovakia (1972, 1977,
1982), former USSR (1973, 1976, 1981), Poland (1983), Austria (1984, 1994), Sweden (1997) Hungary (1999).
Lectures delivered at the universities of: Vilnius (1976), Sankt Petersburg (1976), Prague (1977),
Salzburg (1984, 1994), Uppsala (1997), G÷teborg (1997), Stockholm (1997), Graz (1998).